Friday, May 15, 2009

Migraines = no muy bueno

I had a migraine today, the first since I have been pregnant. While pregnant, the ONLY pain reliever you can take is Tylenol. I have had a pretty solid headache for a couple days now, but I woke up this morning feeling like someone was ramming an ice pick through my left temple. I took my Tylenol and it did NOTHING. Kaitlyn wouldn't settle for a nap after lunch, and I ended up sitting in her bedroom sobbing after 2 hours of her getting out of bed and playing instead of napping. I decided that we should play a fun game- I got out our flashlights and I sat in the semi-darkness with Kait, playing with the flashlights and doing shadow puppets, until J got home an hour later. The light from the windows was bothering me, to the point where I was wearing my sunglasses in the house. Kaitlyn's room is the darkest in the house, since we put a blanket up over her window, so it was nice to sit in there and play in the dark with her. She was so excited that the mag-lite's beam can be changed from small to big and she loved the bunny shadow puppet I made. She was quiet and it was dark, which made the ice pick relent a little. When J got home, he took her off my hands and I actually laid down in bed with my sleep mask on and slept for about 30 minutes. Now I just feel like I have a bad headache. Gaah, I have some migraine medicine in my cabinet, I wish I could have taken it today! J wanted to take me to urgent care, but I said no as there was absolutely nothing they could give me. They would tell me to go home and sit in the dark and rest... it would be a waste of time. I have never had a single migraine until December, and then I had several in the following weeks. I haven't had one in a while, but I'm wondering why I have started getting them out of the blue? Oh well.

Tomorrow will be better- J and I are going on a date! We are going to lay Kait down for bed and J's friend will stay here at the house in case she wakes up (which she won't, she sleeps like a rock in her new bed)... we are going to do out for dinner and then watch Angels and Demons! The Da Vinci Code was well done, so I'm really excited for this prequel. The books are phenomenal, so I'm even more excited. I haven't been out alone with Josh since our anniversary, so it'll be really nice, I think.

My gender ultrasound is in 6 days! The best part is that it might be a 3D ultrasound, unless it is in use for an emergency. I'm CRAZY excited about that- I'll be able to see what Riley looks like, whose features s/he favors... it's going to be so neat to see what s/he looks like before they get here!

Enough rambling. I need a hot shower and to lie in bed, feeling Riley swim around and kick the holy moly out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates